Friday, August 24, 2012

Let's Call This Strike Two!

This is my second attempt at a new post.... not a good sign. It occurred to me that not everyone who will receive notice of my blog will be aware of why I have undertaken such a mind numbing enterprise. I am going on a sabbatical for two months. The first part will be spent in Jerusalem at Saint George's College enrolled in two travel/study courses. The first is a kind of emersion into desert spirituality, including nights with Bedouins in tents, monks in monasteries and probably undesirable critters in my sleeping bag.
The second is a course in ecumenical relations focussing on the Abrahamic faiths. Jerusalem should be an ideal place from which to widen my perspective. I thought that I would like to share as much of this experience as I could by means of this blog. However, making my new iPad perform the way I think it should has been a challenge. Let's see if we can get as least a few pictures published.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gary
    I am looking forward to following your journey over the next few months.
    Jenny Gerhartz
    PS I cannnot discern which of the two photos contains the element of surprise, but I do see your mom and dad when I look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got things working! (I also like that you have a keyboard in your office.)

    -Dave Hedges

    ReplyDelete