Thursday, September 5, 2019

Off again!

I'm starting this blog the day before I leave, just to make sure everything is still working and connected.  My history with technology is fraught with failure and frustration, and, when I am in unfamiliar surroundings, it is even worse!  So, this is the start of a new adventure.  I will resume posting to this site in Albuquerque, New Mexico, tomorrow evening when I have something to report.  My anticipation of this trip is that it will be essentially an exercise in cultural anthropology illuminated by the exploration of important archaeological sites.  I find that I have a lot more interest and even passion for knowledge of ancient people and places than I do of anything that might be identifies as roughly contemporary.  Is it a sign of old age, or meaningful commentary on current events? I can't tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment